I talk to Dai Manuel on how he changed career and lifestyle, running a national 8 figure business in Canada with his partner to starting a new kind of career, an online career, one that’s more remote and fulfilling a personal goal to build a life of freedom.
I met Dai at a men’s group meetup in Bali, Indonesia and was super impressed by really how he, and,the fellow host, Nick Wood organised the group, they really led these men in the group, to have very powerful, conversations, and transformations. And then I got to know Dai a little bit more and found out some of the work he’s been doing around lifestyle change, including, fitness, health, nutrition, really like whole life transformation.
Now Dai’s a keynote speaker, actively involved in Toastmasters and had a lot of good stuff to say. I didn’t speak so much on this one so you’ll get to hear more from Dai about his story, his transition and advice he would give to others looking to make the leap into a new lifestyle.
In this episode we discuss:
- Building up a successful career and 8-figure business in fitness over 17 years
- Why you should listen to and trust your gut feelings for career change
- Writing a personal manifesto
- The importance of growing your own personal brand alongside your company
- Building a lifestyle and career mix around your values, not your values around career
- Dealing with fears during your transition
- Dealing with the cashflow issue and the concept of minimalism
- Lessons learnt from travelling with your family
- Roadschooling your kids instead of homeschooling them
- Three questions to ask when it comes to change
- What’s the one thing that makes Dai Manuel burn from within?
- Dai Manuel’s website (includes all his social handles at the top) – go ahead and message Dai today your reflections and how you related to sharing his story in this interview.
- Tim Ferriss’ fear setting exercise that Dai highly recommends for deciding to change:
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown – highly recommended by Dai to help shift your mindset to adopting more minimalist principles and help your transition, especially when building a remote business or lifestyle