I talk to Jeremy Lipkowitz, who is a Search Inside Yourself certified teacher, a leadership coach, a meditation teacher, an emotional intelligence trainer, and founder of Untangling The Mind.
I met Jeremy in Chiang Mai, Thailand and found out that throughout his life, although he consistently achieved his academic and career goals, he felt empty inside and ultimately unhappy. This lead to unhealthy addictions, which Jeremy also openly talks about. This episode is a fascinating discussion about purpose, meaning and also some of the quite big career changes Jeremy has had personally in his life.
What I love about Jeremy is that he has a solid background in science, spending 4 years on his PhD in Genetics, and throughout his quest for happiness, he’s found some game-changing tools for high-achievers and high performers to find meaning and happiness, with or without having to change the job or career you’re in.
In this episode we discuss:
- From being allergic to spirituality as a scientist to understanding it (as a scientist)
- Jeremy’s big career changes – from science to trading tea to teaching mindfulness and meditation
- How to decide whether to stay in your career or not if you feel unfulfilled
- Practical tips to start uncovering purpose and meaning in your life to feel less empty inside
- Shifting from a mindset of self interest to one of contribution to others
- What’s the one thing that makes Jeremy Lipkowitz burn from within? (I love this one!)
- Jeremy’s Free Online Masterclass ‘Design Your Meaningful Life’ – Wednesday, November 18, 2020 7:00 PM EET (register here)
- The book that shifted Jeremy’s perspective on mindfulness to adopt it even from a scientific background – Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life’s Most Important Skill – by Matthieu Ricard
- Jeremy’s highly-rated Mindfulness Made Easy course
- Jeremy’s website – various ways to get in touch with Jeremy directly are on here as well as upcoming programs around mindfulness, meditation and meaning3